Thursday, January 29, 2015

Puzzle Cube Reflection

This puzzle design cube project was very interesting. I liked it because it is fun to try to solve other people's cubes. Also we were able to understand how to use inventor more. My favorite parts of this project were assembling the cube on inventor, putting together the actual cube with the wooden cubes, and doing isometric drawings.
Mean: 13min 
Median: 15min
Mode: 15min
Standard Deviation: 2.8284
Above is the drawing of my purple part with front, top, and side views.

Reflection Questions:
Its is important to make a prototype before your actual design because you need to test your ideas to see if they work and make sure you are happy with them. I liked my puzzle because it was relatively hard to solve but a few people were still able to solve it in the span of fifteen minutes. I wanted it to be challenging and it was. One thing I would change is that I would make more pieces that perfectly fit together because on the top of my design there is one L shaped piece which is just placed there without attachment to any other pieces.

Making the box was similar to making the cube because it had constraints such as size. However it was different to building the cube because we had a limited amount of time. My box fulfilled its purpose but it wasn't very stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment